Friday, June 07, 2002

Hello world!
First and foremost, I'd like to dedicate this debut blog post to Grant Bennett, whose own blog is at this address. I came across his website through Interpals, and was so inspired I decided to start my own. But Grant's entries are fantastic, so I don't think I will possibly ever equal, let alone top, his efforts.
The 2nd person I dedicate this to is a senior resident who's responsible for the above title. I had the pleasure of working with him when I did a rotation in general surgery a few months ago, and greatly respect and admire him. He usually spews much more colourful things than this, but more on those in later posts. :)
So, here's a short intro. My name's Jen Jen, I'm 27, chinese, female, born and bred in Singapore and currently training to be an emergency physician. I guess the latter is the main reason -- perhaps the only reason -- anyone would even be remotely interested in reading what I write. 5 years of medical school ensures some degree of common sense. :)
Seriously though, a doctor's life is never dull, and although I graduated from university 3 years ago, I've seen so much since then that I'm already starting to feel jaded. So you can expect many accounts of my daily routine, my patients, the people I work with, or just some personal thoughts on my job experiences. I try to inject humour into my posts, so hopefully that will keep you awake and eager for more.
Last but not least, feel free to drop by my webpage.You can read more about my interests and personality here.
Of course, I will also write about my other passions in life -- mainly movies, TV, music, books and travel. All comments are warmly welcomed, and arguments strongly encouraged.
Thanks for reading, and I look forward to many more fruitful months/years of blogging ahead!

No comments: