Thursday, February 13, 2003

My apologies to Mr. Dave Barry for stealing this link, but it's so hilarious I just couldn't live with myself if I didn't share it! Click on this, which is guaranteed to have you smiling no matter what.

Anyone read Tay YK's column today in Life! about his dislike for F4 and their fans? I totally agree with him, and must admit that it's one of the funnier articles I've read in a long long time. Even the Perfect 10 DJs were sliming the abovementioned this morning. Fans throwing neon sticks at each other is downright nasty, and if F4 is making money off such bitchy females, they should be ashamed of themselves. What we need is some good old-fashioned public telling off -- which is so often the case with Hong Kong / Taiwanese music stars. I'll bet some scolding and finger-wagging from the lads will cause major remorse from their fans. Who needs parents when you've got effeminate-looking tone-deaf fellows to do all the disciplining for you? ;)

Don't forget to tune in to Channel 5 tomorrow at 10pm for the debut of Survivor:Amazon. It's the guys against the gals, which will no doubt provide endless fun, 'cos we all know how insecure men are when facing competition from "the weaker sex". Promises to be the best of all the Survivors, so start following from the very beginning.

TIme for my on-call shower. Here's a list of short reviews for some DVDs I recently rented.

Lilo & Stitch - starts out wonderfully, but has a lame ending. Gains a few points for trying.

The Importance of Being Ernest - based on an Oscar Wilde comedy of errors, but the plot is weak and self-absorbed. However, who the heck cares when you've got the likes of Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Reese Witherspoon, Frances O'Connor and Judi Dench starring? Dench looks almost regal in an eye-catching lilac lace ensemble, a vast difference from her usual manly attire.

Enemy at the Gates - I had high expectations for this film, so ended up being a little disappointed. It's rather irritating when everyone speaks with an English accent when they're supposed to be Russian. And the movie's 30 minutes too long. Still, anything with Jude Law in it is always worth the time and money. He looks great even when covered in soot and with his hair in disarray. Word has it he's being wooed as the next James Bond -- yes, please! :)

Insomnnia -- Yet again, I've saved the best for last. "Memento" made me a Chris Nolan fan, but his follow-up effort has made me an ardent admirer ( same thing happened with Steven Soderbergh, after his hat trick of "Erin Brockovich", "Traffic" and "Ocean's Eleven" ). I shall not reveal the ingenious plot. All I can say is, it's just as original as "Memento", and boasts powerhouse performances from Al Pacino, Robin Williams and Hilary Swank. I can't believe neither Nolan movie has been up for Best Picture or Best Director Oscars. Hopefully, his time will come someday soon.

No comments: