Thursday, May 01, 2003

Hmm, 10:30pm, is it safe to say we're out of the woods yet? Better not jinx myself. :) But hey, I got to watch American Idol in its entirety while on call! A medical call! That alone makes me soar to cloud nine, but wait, does anyone agree it was an excellent episode?

In case you're wondering where the TV was located, well, with visitors being barred from the hospital, we picked a nice quiet spot in a waiting area on one of the uppermost floors, and thankfully, our housemen didn't page us for the 2 hours our eyes were glued to the goggle box.

This is by far the best show -- my previous favourite was the disco edition. The bonus, of course, was getting to hear Clay sing twice instead of just the usual once, and he did so well! Congratulations! His rendition of "Build Me Up Buttercup" was fantastic, and "Solitaire" wasn't bad either ( though I think he overdid the trills a bit ). Neil Sedaka, whose music I've loved since I was a toddler, paid Clay a great tribute when he said he'd "kill" to produce his debut CD. A Clay Aiken / Neil Sedaka collaboration? It's a surefire hit!

The biggest upset though, was how Josh Gracin, who really mauled his 2 songs, wasn't voted out, while Trenyce and Ruben were kicked down to the lowest 2 positions. Ruben the Unbeatable, can you imagine?! Simon Cowell was so mad he just kept shaking his head, and for once, I agree with him. I have no idea what the voters were thinking. It's like Carmen all over again -- that girl can't sing for nuts, but made it to the final six! Let's hope this won't happen again. And Clay, I'm still rooting for ya!

No comments: