Friday, May 09, 2003

I'm sure you would've noticed a slight decrease in the frequency of my posts, but that's good news, 'cos as of this morning, Singapore has had no new SARS cases for at least 10 days. Yeah! :)

However, the past month will no doubt go down in local history, and has definitely made an indelible mark in the lives of all Singaporeans, especially those in the medical sector. Some may just view this as a passing storm, but I for one have learnt many valuable lessons from this once-in-a-lifetime experience, and will be writing on this soon.

Over in the outpatient clinics, the number of cases has returned to normal -- ie. too many to count. But the temperature-monitoring and filling of health questionnaires still proceeds, though the accuracy of the latter measure may not be foolproof. For example, my parents recently visited another hospital during a medical appointment, and when an elderly man was presented with the form, he looked really confused, and nobody was free to explain it to him. So in the end, he stood next to another man and copied his answers wholesale!

And with deference to the powers that be, I have edited my blog entries ( especially those since late March ). Yes, it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I'm just glad I was merely asked to be a little more discreet, rather than forced to remove the website entirely. I guess I could've averted this by being anonymous from the very start, but darn, my ego prevented that. :)

No comments: