Thursday, September 18, 2003

Thursday afternoon, big storm all over the island, and the ER is still packed! Remember the guy with the low blood count I saw about a week ago? The one who had a colonoscopy without a gastroscopy? I traced his results on the hospital computer system, and seems his gastric biopsy shows malignant changes. Sad news, this.

Anyway, nothing much is happening work-wise, so let me talk about my other favourite subjects -- TV and Clay Aiken. :D

Alias is up for 11 Emmy awards this year. 11!!! I think this show is one of the best ever, and I really hope it'll sweep some major categories, like Best Drama or Best Actress, etc. Jennifer Garner has been recruited by the CIA to appear in some ads, while "The Agency" -- that other TV series about the CIA -- is languishing. I tried watching the latter just once and couldn't even get through the first 30 minutes. High-profile producers don't guarantee good quality ( e.g. Dark Angel ). Who would've thought that J. J. Abrams, the creator of "fluff" like "Felicity" ( though I admit to liking this show a lot :P ) could come up with plots that put Chinese serials to shame? Betrayal, murder, espionage, double/triple/quadruple-crossing... this guy's my hero! Good luck at the Emmys!

The 3rd season of The Bachelor starts screening tonight on Channel 5. The guy's very handsome, and the women are getting more aggressive. I liked the cat growls they inserted into the preview ads. I'm looking out for the lady he picked -- just search the Internet and you'll know who it is. My Thursdays are going to be fun once again. :)

And let's not forget Survivor: Pearl Islands premiering on Friday. I love this show for its many surprises and very original challenges ( reward and immunity ). Would be nice to see Jeff Probst again too, haha!

Clay Aiken
After a rest at home last week, word is he's back on the road, and will be singing at the Miss America pageant this Saturday. Neither Ruben nor Kelly were given this honour, and we all congratulate Clay on being chosen for the gig! My friend in Raleigh has received the package -- the post office said 2-4 days, but it actually took 1 week! -- and she's very kind to expedite the delivery to Clay's home for us. Hurricane Isabel is making its way to the area, so our prayers are with those who may be affected.
Another piece of good news is the fact that Clay has been nominated for the Best Pop/Rock Male Artiste category for the upcoming American Music Awards. Others in the list include Kid Rock, John Mayer and Justin Timberlake. My bets are on Clay and Justin. It's going to be a close one, but if Clay clinches it, it'll be further proof of his popularity. Let's hope he gets to perform on the show as well.

I'm just starting on another Dave Barry book titled Dave Barry Is Not Making This Up. Absolutely hilarious! Am on the Space Odyssey chapter right now, and I just can't stop laughing. Highly recommended. :D

No comments: