Friday, October 03, 2003

New Clay video clip to share, from a preview of Primetime Live with Diane Sawyer ( the actual interview will be screened next week, but you wouldn't know from the way the boards are exploding right now! :D )

Primetime Live clip

I don't have a sound card on the computer at work ( where I am at the moment ), but I can read lips a bit, and the look on Clay's face when he talked about how his biological father called him "a mistake" is really heart-breaking. I was so saddened by the Rolling Stone article in July, in which Clay revealed his troubled childhood, then the Elle piece in September talked about how depressed he was during the AI tour, and now this! The poor guy! :( I don't think we get Diane Sawyer in Singapore, so be on the lookout on the Net, 'cos that's the place to go to for clips on Clay. :)

Just starting off with my posts on "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Would've preferred to write this with the book beside me, but that may not be possible today. I will, however, tell you the gist of the first 2 chapters. It is an excellent book, for both Christians and non-Christians, and I thank Clay for bringing this to all his fans' attention ( 'cos it's one of his favourites ). I will be telling my church friends about it too, so we can discuss it further. I got my copy from Borders -- don't bother to look for it yourself, it's a mess down there! Just ask the info counter staff and they'll pick it up for you.

Chapter 1: Everything begins with God

One of the biggest mistakes most people make is looking within themselves to find their own purpose in life. I personally never did this, but then, I didn't truly believe in God till only a year ago, so I can't actually give you my perspective. However, since my baptism, I've learnt, thanks to my many mentors and friends who are also Christians, that you have to let God take charge of every aspect of your life. Ask Him for advice, read the Bible for guidance, and live out your existence in accordance with His plan for you. It can be hard at times, but it's the correct, and only, way.

Chapter 2: You are not an accident.

This dwells on the fact that every single one of us is included in God's plan, from our births to our deaths. Who our parents are, the trials and tribulations we go through, even how we're brought back to Him, are already predicted. What's amazing is that even those who don't start out as Christians are still loved no less than those who are devout followers. This bit certainly applies to my life before I got converted. Certain events are hard to explain, but in retrospect, and even at the time of the event itself, I think I knew in the back of my mind that there was always someone watching out for me and my family. This chapter is very comforting, especially to those who may feel lost and abandoned. There is a beautiful poem at the end, which I'll try to post sometime soon.

Finishing my shift in 15 minutes, yippee! Till next time -- remember to watch "Survivor: Pearl Islands" tonight! :D

No comments: