Thursday, October 09, 2003

Wolrd Premiere Of Clay Aiken Songs On Singapore Radio

I should've posted this last night, but the boards were going crazy and I was busy emailing lots of other Clay fans, so here's a belated update, with ample time for you to glue your ears to the radio later tonight. :)

Jamie Yeo, host of Say It With Music on Perfect 10 98.7FM, has been given the green light to play songs from Clay's Measure of a Man debut album this week, ahead of the US -- well, ahead of the rest of the world, really! I couldn't believe it at first, but this has been confirmed by everyone on the Net, and we're privileged and honoured to be able to hear Clay's wonderful music FIRST! Woohoo!

She played the full version of I Will Carry You on Tuesday, and Run To Me last night. Most of us were caught offguard on Tuesday, but yesterday, we posted on various boards before Run To Me aired, and tonnes of fans all over the world jammed the Perfect 10 website in the process, shutting out those who tried to join later. Thankfully, another local Claymate who's very computer-savvy saved the transmission onto an MP3 file format, and we shared it with our compatriots on the Net, and it is now circulating widely, and is making BIG news. I don't think anyone can figure out why Singapore was chosen to premiere these songs in the first place, but we're not complaining!

I'll write the more important stuff first before talking about Run To Me.

Tonight ( Thursday October 9 ), Jamie will be playing Measure Of A Man -- the full song, which is also the title of the album -- on Perfect 10, sometime between 8 and 10pm. She played IWCY and RTM between 9 and 9:30pm these past 2 nights, so it'll probably follow the same trend today, though it may still vary. You can listen to it on the Net by going to the Perfect 10 website and clicking on "live radio" at the top. But if it gets jammed again, just hang around fansites like Neurox or ( the place I frequent most ) www.claytonaiken.com's Forum, and you'll be able to get the MP3 file sooner or later.

Last night was unbelievable, but that might be an understatement! Read this to experience the "madness". :P But the Clay It Forward movement is alive and well, and now Singapore has the opportunity to lead it. :)

Before I sign off, my impressions of Run To Me:

I first got a taste of the song from some "leaked" samples on the Net, and loved it immediately. It has a beautiful melody, wonderful lyrics, and no-one except Clay could've sung it better. The full version, though, blew me away! There's a bridge after the chorus refrain, where Clay's voice gains power and hits really high notes, and the words include "How can I be brave enough to say goodbye / I'd die inside without you". WOW! This is clearly such a winner. Another #1 hit for sure.

If you can't download it from the Net ( the various sites hosting the file are crashing due to overload :D ), you can email me at ojj75@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you directly. But I won't be logged on again till tonight after 9 ( night shift ), so go to www.claytonaiken.com, look for the thread from the link I provided, and just try to contact anyone who already has the file. You HAVE to hear this!

Time to go. I've got lots of errands to run today. Don't forget to tune in to the Perfect 10 tonight!

No comments: