Thursday, November 27, 2003

My day off! :D

Spent the morning mopping the house -- boy am I getting old and weak :P -- then gonna pick out the clothes I need to bring to NZ later tonight. It's raining, and I got my order of the Internet edition of Josh Groban's Closer in the mail today, less than a week after the distributor emailed to say it was shipped *scratches head, but doesn't mind :)*

This edition isn't available in Singapore, or in any stores for that matter. It isn't called the "Internet edition" for nothing, but it's worth every cent! Boasting 4 additional tracks and an accompanying 30-minute DVD on the making of Closer, it's an absolute treasure.

The tracks include:

Mi Morena -- Latin-infused, haunting, beautifully sung by Josh. "Come like a ghost / I'll watch you dance alone / Mi morena / You're the light within my soul"

She's Out Of My Life -- Originally done by Michael Jackson, it has always been one of my favourite MJ songs ( I also love "Ben" and "I Will Be There" ). This is given the macho treatment, 'cos Josh has such a deep, rich voice. Orchestral backup adds to the wonderful effect.

You're The Only Place -- Snippets of this can be heard on the JG concert DVD released earlier this year. Not one of the CD's stronger pieces, but I love the lyrics. "I've seen perfection in a rainbow in the sky / I've seen a child make the coldest grown man cry / But loving you I thought was greater than them all" Gorgeous :)

My December -- The highlight of the album, surely! This is a cover of a very quiet but lovely song from Linkin Park. Kinda like Guns 'N Roses' very acoustic "Patience". Here, the piece hits epic proportions with a FULL ORCHESTRA, and soaring vocals from Josh. Wow...

And now, on to ClayNews :P

He's featured in the December issue of Lime magazine. Great interview, and I love this quote right at the end:

"To me, the measure of a man is about being a role model, setting a good example and not compromising myself. And that's what I want to be."

My mom just adores this guy. :D

No comments: