Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Haha! Adding a few links for your reading pleasure. [ All thanks to re-minisce, still the greatest author of them all. How I enjoy making him blush. :) ]

Dr. Goat's Blog
-- I love the January 12 entry, in which he deftly insults a certain Ah Lian who shall remain unnamed.

Cool Street Art-- under the Jan 19 post; sounds like a fellow Singaporean blogger.

DaisySpeak
-- borrowing her "Bohliao Quiz" for a sec. My own answers follow below.

Q: IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
A: I haven't travelled that extensively, and taking available land space into account, right now I'd say Queenstown, South Island, NZ. Yeah, I love it that much. :)

Q: WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
A: Locally, that would be my living room. Give me a warm, sunny late afternoon and a good book, or an excellent show on TV or DVD, and I'm happy.

Q: WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
A: Pubs with Sarong Party Girls and horny expats. Swore never to return to those seedy joints ever again.

Q: IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A: Okay, this question's a little cheesy, but I'll answer it anyway. In my line of work, I'd definitely like to have the ability to successfully resuscitate every single collapsed case in the ER. And I don't believe in discriminating -- not so much in Singapore, but overseas, you may have to treat someone who, for example, went on a shooting spree then ended up being shot himself, or something to that effect. Me, I just want all my patients to have a second chance.

Q: ANY PERSON FROM THE PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK & TALK WITH?
A: Probably my ex-boyfriend. I'd like to rewind to that crucial period when I knew in the back of my mind that something was wrong, but decided to ignore it. I'd like to have told him, "This isn't working out." and leave before it was too late. Before all the betrayal started. Before I stupidly tried to salvage the relationship not because I loved him, but because I was nursing a bruised ego.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?
A: The sunflower.

Q: IF YOU COULD PICK WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
A: ER physician is definitely one of them. But equally high on the list is photojournalist. I used to prefer "war correspondent", or perhaps "entertainment reporter", but photography speaks volumes and offers an even wider range of experiences.

Darn it, re-minisce! I just spent an hour going through your links, instead of studying like I'm supposed to. [ Excuses, excuses :) ]

Sometimes I wonder if it might have been better to remain anonymous when I first started blogging. Provides more freedom for the discussion of "sensitive topics" without having to worry about people ( ie. Straits Times journalists ) knowing your name and paging you multiple times in the middle of your overflowing clinic. Hmm, I suppose I could build a new blog from scratch and vent at will, but sadly, my brain isn't equipped for such complex multi-tasking. :P

Is it really only 7:30 pm?!

No comments: