Friday, April 09, 2004

It's 3:30am. All quiet in resus, and I happily click on the IRAS e-filing link so I can get my income tax filed once and for all.
No such luck. Stupid browser. Error ^&%*$#@

Eh, shouldn't be doing that. It's Good Friday today. :P Will be attending service this afternoon, and filling in on the piano as well. Should be fun. :)

Kid screaming her head off in consult while being sponged for a high fever. I can feel the walls vibrating. Lots of this to look forward to come May, when I get to see babies and children on a daily basis. >_<
I once asked my mom how she managed to put up with me as a kid. "But you were a very good child," she crooned. "You hardly spoke, and almost never cried. You were every parent's dream." Hmm, sounds more like I was a piece of drywood in my younger days.

And speaking of young... For the umpteenth time, someone commented that I look too youthful for a doc. Latest age approximation: 21. Wow, I'm flattered! The last time something like this happened was when I was denied entry to an R(A) film. Think I was 25 at the time, heh heh.

Personally, I think I look 40. Okay, I feel 40. No wait, make that 80. Looks-wise, there're definitely new lines. Eye bags, dark circles, maybe a glaze in the corneas in contrast to a previous twinkle. The occasional sparkle returns now and then, but it seldom hangs around for very long. I'm still searching for... something... to bring it back permanently.

Sparkle triggers?

1. A good song -- nothing syrup-ey, puh-leeze. No, I'm talkin' The Jets' Am I Gonna Be Your Girl ( from the iPod commercial, and the latest ditty I can't get out of my head, like Kylie's... oh sheesh, there it goes again ), or Rock DJ by Robbie Williams. Music that makes me forget everything else for 4 whole minutes.

2. Comedy -- Whose Line Is It Anyway? is a constant fav. Seinfeld too until it ended its run. These are the ones that don't just make you laugh. They induce full-throttle, side-splitting guffaws.

3. Humour writing -- Ahhh, Dave Barry. Say no more. :P

4. Films -- I count only a few. Dead Poets' Society, LOTR #1 and #3, The Sixth Sense, Harry Potter. There's something just magical about movies that never get boring even after the 50th viewing. :)

5. Miscellaneous -- whenever Clay sings; a giant sizzling steak, medium-rare thank you very much; anytime my 7-year-old cat decides to revert to kitten-mode; the occasional but much-valued foray overseas; getting published.

Work? That's a different kind of sparkle -- satisfied but detached. No real immersion into "the moment". Maybe it'll come sometime. Lateral Thoracotomy Day perhaps. :D

So. What triggers YOUR sparkle? :)

Birthday wishes in order. Have a good one, re-minisce.

No comments: