Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Short Update

Get a load of this:

Rance's Blog

Why's it interesting, you ask? Featured in a quarter-page article in Life! today, this site is the talk of the Internet, with hot speculations regarding the writer's true identity. Rumours are rife that he's an "A-list actor" who once wrote that "Suffice to say, I know what it's like to see your picture on the magazine rack every now and again when you pay for groceries."

The possibilities listed include Jim Carrey, Ben Affleck, George Clooney and Owen Wilson. I dropped by the blog just a few minutes ago, and from a quick skim of its contents, I really can't say at this point. Besides, Rance has denied he's anywhere near what the media has painted him out to be. He says he's a "high school failure". But then, aren't quite a few A-list actors? :) Right, so based on that one line, he CANNOT be (1) Matt Damon ( got into Harvard ), (2) David Duchovny ( another Ivy Leaguer ), or (3) Tommy Lee Jones ( bunked with Al Gore in college ).

My best guess at the moment? If I have to choose from the 4 provided, I'd say either Ben Affleck or Owen Wilson. Carrey and Clooney don't strike me as very articulate, at least not in the written format. If it is indeed an actor doing all the blogging, it would make sense ( to me ) if he's also a screenwriter, 'cos it takes some level of intelligence to be able to pen a good script, and these two men have been there, done that -- Affleck got an Oscar with Damon for "Good Will Hunting" ( excellent stuff ), while Wilson co-wrote "The Royal Tenenbaums" with his brother Luke ( terrific ). Wilson, in particular, is a fascinating character: blonde surfer dude looks, a thick American drawl, the ability to combine physical comedy with sexy charm, a broken nose which he refuses to fix, and lots of brain lurking just beneath the brawn. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he ran a blog like Rance's. It's pretty hilarious. :)

28 Days Later

... I didn't get past the first 30 minutes. Even I'm shocked. :/

Post-call haze. I'd better get down to proper exam revision. The clock's ticking.

No comments: