Saturday, July 03, 2004

It's 3:15am. Night shift, naturally. And severe insomnia, due to an unexpected turn of events -- I usually rest later, but have been asked to take the first nap this time round. Aargh!

Sitting in the call room, unable to wind down after a string of maybe 15 patients at one go, I thought I'd plagiarize from re-minisce (as I do on the odd occasion :)). Hope you don't mind, my friend.

10 Best Things In Life - My Current List
( yeah, it changes from time to time, and this is in no particular order )

1. laksa ( I never tire of it )
2. a giant steak, medium-rare ( the bloodier the better )
3. a mug of ice-cold Root Beer ( I'm 50% Root Beer - no kidding )
4. my cat snoozing in my lap as I study ( he's still such a baby )
5. the hour I spent at the edge of Lake Wakatipu in Queenstown, NZ last December -- munching an apple and dipping my toes in the crystal-clear water ( absolute heaven... )
6. a rollicking good time at a great concert ( e.g. Michael Buble, Robbie Williams, The Ten Tenors )
7. a photo of mine bearing Clay Aiken's signature ( priceless )
8. Dead Poets Society ( the one movie I never get sick of )
9. writing ( I can't express myself any other way )
10. a kiss someone once gave me ( and no, it wasn't from my ex ;P)

I suppose I could subdivide into various categories, but that would be a little restrictive. I churned this out in 10 minutes, and am a little surprised by a few of my choices. Thanks, re-m, for that stroke of inspiration. :D

The Bachelor - He Sucks!

Have been meaning to talk about this for a while, but kept getting sidetracked. Bob Guiney is now on my hate list, thanks to his mistreatment of the lady he picked ( don't want to give her identity away in case some of you don't want to know ). He broke up with her a few months ago, and is now engaged ( yes, ENGAGED ) to a soap opera actress. The broken-hearted gal told reporters that he ended their relationship over the phone ( what!?! ), and had an ulterior motive ( fame and fortune rather than true love ) when he appeared on the show. Don't be fooled by his ready smile and glib tongue. I used to root for him, but now, it's mostly cursing. Tsk, tsk.

The Apprentice

The winner - a guy - is starting to shine. And he's delicious. :) Clue: he looks a little like Aidan Quinn ( the oldest brother, Alfred, in Legends of the Fall ), but is more blonde. He's also in People magazine's Hottest Bachelors issue ( June 2004 ). 6 ft 3 inches! He's even taller than Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett ( 6 ft 2 in ). Okay, I need to stop stuffing my brain with such information. :)

I've got 30 minutes left. Better lie down a bit, or my patients will suffer later.

No comments: