Sunday, January 23, 2005

Newsflash

I think Urgh is a Woman. Check out her ( well, it could still be a Him, who knows... ) comments here.

A Memorable Sunday

Got confirmed today, and received my first holy communion. It was wonderful. :)

A Question of Money

There's a debate raging on re-minisce's blog, about the "right to spend", or more accurately, the "right to splurge because it's my money dang it".

I totally agree that no-one can or should dictate what you should or shouldn't do with your own hard-earned cash. I have my personal opinions about paying ( IMHO "too much $$$" ) for food that -- as someone so eloquently put it -- ends up in the toilet anyway. But then, that's just my opinion.

I'm sure a number of you shake your heads when I write about Clay Aiken's albums, books, T-shirts and concert programmes ( which aren't cheap ). I own way too many CDs, and don't really believe in bargain-hunting when it comes to overseas trips. Guess we all have our weaknesses.

But seriously, just as re-minisce has his idea of The Perfect Evening -- which apparently includes fine wine and food -- my idea of A Great Night Out is pretty simple in comparison ( and since I don't date much anymore, it's okay to post this online 'cos guys can't use this info anyhow :D ):

1. I must already find the guy attractive in a significant way.
2. Any place with nice, fresh food which doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
3. Ambience that won't make me uncomfortable -- ie. snooty waiters / maitre'ds, or worse, nasty patrons.
4. Easy conversation ( preferably NOT revolving around medicine ), lots of laughter ( that's what REALLY gets me :))
5. Maybe a stroll along a quiet, scenic stretch after the meal.

Alternatively:

6. Concerts are also great in my book. Especially jazz -- that revs me up big-time.

This list is mostly based on trial and error, and believe it or not, I've had a couple of evenings which had at least 5 out of the 6 above points. One of which occurred quite recently, in fact, but then, neither one of us wants to admit it was an Actual Date, heh heh.

So carry on with the jaunts to posh restaurants, my dear re-minisce, and don't let the comments get the better of you. But my personal favourite is still Mezza9 at The Grand Hyatt. Pretty reasonable prices, and that chocolate fountain during champagne brunch -- absolute heaven....

Not in the mood to talk about Tasmania today. Maybe some other time.

No comments: