Tuesday, February 01, 2005

So Close

Oh well, I didn't win the grand prize -- an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City to see an exclusive Michael Buble showcase at the Rose Theater in the Lincoln Center ( also home to the world-renowned Juilliard School of Music ). But it was kinda fun to do something I've never done before, ie. sing solo "in front of" a large audience ( thank goodness it was over the phone, haha ). And the high's I experienced in the week leading up to the finals were just unbelievable. :)

Suspect it came down to a toss between myself and the winner, another Buble fan named Edwin. I admit I was REALLY SAD when they announced he'd won, but hey, he definitely deserves it, and I hope he has fun on the trip.

Trying not to think about the meet-and-greet session Warner Music is organizing for fans at the showcase. Aarggghghghghghghgh!

Ahem. :D

Anyhow, I was informed that Michael will be coming down to Singapore for a proper concert later this year, so that's consolation enough. Now if only I can find a surefire way to get front-row seats this time, instead of 8th row centre. :)


Homecoming!

Returning to my favourite ER for good, though slowly easing into the routine of senior resident for now. A bit out of touch, so will probably have to ask my superiors a lot of questions. Ack, my brain has been rotting for 3 months, and I haven't touched my stethoscope either! Terrible, ain't it?

The best part? Not having to wake up at 6:30am every single day, and fight heavy traffic to and from work. Having time off on weekdays to go to town, run errands, or maybe catch movies with no-one else in the theatre, woohoo!

Gotta run. More another day.

No comments: