Friday, February 04, 2005

There's Something Very Liberating About...

... waking up after 8 in the morning then having a truly leisurely breakfast. On weekdays.

... speeding home on a deserted highway at 1am in the morning.

... going for a swim when no-one else is around, then eating fantastic Thai food for lunch, before heading to the hospital feeling fresh and well-fed.

... being trusted to handle resuscitation cases on my own. From start to finish, without nary a stare nor question from the attendings.

... being post-night on Mondays, so I can do whatever I like while the rest of the working population has to suffer, heh heh.

... seeing my name next to the word "REGISTRAR" on all printed documents. ( It's been a long journey, but I finally got there. :))

... parking in the "real staff carpark" located in the basement just below the ER. But it desperately needs upgrading. Those ceiling pipe thingies are going to rip off some unsuspecting person's scalp one day.


Anthony Fedorov

For the uninitiated, this is the blonde, bespectacled fellow on American Idol 4 who's being compared to Clay Aiken. Personally, I think the similarities encompass the physical aspect, and nothing else. Voice doesn't stand out and lacks Clay's immense power. Personality isn't as strong.

Oh well, he's the only contestant whose name I can remember. Counts for something eh?


The House Of God

... is so awesome it's practically sinful. Go buy one right now. :D


Busy weekend coming up -- spent working at the hospital. Shifts are always busy, but having rotated through once before in 2001, for some strange reason, I just never feel stressed out in this particular department. I love the people -- docs and nurses alike. Meals in the pantry are absolutely the best. :)

Glad I made the right choice.

No comments: