Saturday, March 19, 2005

First, The Good Stuff

Feast Your Eyes #1

Feast Your Eyes #2

Feast Your Eyes #3

Translation Below:

American Idol Runner-up Entertain Aceh Refugees
Monday, 14 March 2005 | 7.19 pm WIB

TEMPO Interaktif, Banda Aceh: Clay Aiken UNICEF Ambassador who is also runner-up of American Idol, Monday (14/30) afternoon charmed the kids from Lampuuk Beach, Lhok Nga, Aceh Besar (bigger part of Aceh) refugees. About 100 children of elementary school age gathered around the shore to greet Clay.

The kids are from tsunami hit areas who now are sheltered at camps around Lhok Nga. The kids welcomed Clay with songs, he then had some chats with them. He also motivated the children to be happy.

Clay, accompanied by Ferry Salim (local celeb who's also a UNICEF ambassador), was also singing with the kids. Slowly his mouth began to get used to the song 'di Sini Senang, di Sana Senang' (literal translation: happiness everywhere; a common Indo kids nursery song ^_^). Next, they went with drawing competition and calligraphy writing which was held by the committee, Child Center under the umbrella of UNICEF.

Clay was the American Idol 2003 runner up who is signed by RCA. He appeared on Rolling Stone cover and Entertainment Weekly Magazine. UNICEF appointed Clay as Ambassador for All Children of the year 2004.

Adi Warsidi-Tempo

( ps. Tempo is like the local TIME magazine )

Word also has it that Clay was a last-minute addition to the Forces Of Nature tsunami aid concert being held in Kuala Lumpur tonight. A couple of local fans have already flown up at a moment's notice. We'll be hearing from them very soon. :)

Boy have I been out of the loop...

Now For The Not So Good Stuff

First One

The phone call came right smack in the middle of our meal.

Hushed conversation, but I caught some of it despite trying not to.

He hung up, and the countdown began.

I knew it was coming. So when will the evening end?

It lasted another hour or so. He didn't look distracted, but soon after dessert, he called for the bill, and we parted ways. She's probably waiting for him somewhere nearby.

First time this sort of thing has ever happened to me, come to think of it.

Not very pleasant, but oh well. Life goes on.


Second One

You read the blog faithfully, so I know you will see this.

I don't know how to fully express my fears and reservations about your rash decision.

She manipulates you time and time again, and you let her.

She didn't like me before we met, and she still doesn't like me after.

I've only met her once, and she keeps refusing my invitations to join us whenever we get together. Why?

You're always the one making all the compromises.

She didn't keep a promise she made.

She's drawing you further and further away from God.

Once the deed is done, I know I will lose you.

I see the signs so clearly because I've been there before, but I escaped. I'm trying to help YOU escape. But you won't listen.

Losing you will be infinitely more painful than the heartbreak I suffered. Because you're one of the best people I know. Because you're my oldest and best friend. Because she doesn't deserve you. Because you can find true happiness with someone else.

I would never do anything to hurt you. In making this irreversible decision, my greatest fear is you inadvertently hurting yourself.

I will pray hard for you, my friend. That you will see the light, and do the right thing. And that I will always be there for you, even if you start to hate me someday.

Number Three

Yes, AI fanatics, Mario Vasquez is officially out of the competition. Extremely disappointing.

Judging from this week's performances, my top 3 are:

Constantine -- aka Smouldering Idol ( Simon's words ), he sang You Make So Very Happy right out of the ballpark. After simmering on the sidelines for the past month, he's finally broken free of his chains and released all that testosterone and rocker energy when it matters the most. Earth-shattering!

Nadia -- Getting more gorgeous with each passing week, her soulful rendition of When You Say You Love Me combined with a svelte silhouette togged out in a fabulous short green dress was, in Randy-speak, "Da Bomb"!

Anwar -- this is one handsome dude, people. And with 3 years of classical tenor training under his belt, his voice is ( Paula's description ) "flawless". He picked a rather dull song this time - A House Is Not A Home by Burt Bacharach ( which according to my mom, was featured in a movie about prostitutes, hmm ) - but his track record stands him in good stead, and he sailed through to the next round.

Anthony faltered with Neil Sedaka's Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, but only because he tried a little too much. He's got wonderful vocals - very pure and a joy to listen to - but he has to relax and just keep to the basics.

I repeat: the female contestants ( except for Carrie and Nadia ) SUCK. Little wonder the bottom three were all gals. Kick them out fast. Please.

Reviews To Follow

Kenny G's albums - just bought another one which has Chinese packaging but is original stuff ( cost me only $9.90 at That CD Shop, woohoo :))

The Ultimate Hall & Oates Collection - TWO full CDs ( again shipped from China, excellent quality ) that cost only $12.90. Reeeeaaaaallllllllyyyyyyy good. Wish they'd return to Singapore for a 2nd gig already.

Non-Sequitur Omnibuses ( is that the correct plural form? can't be bothered to check. it's past midnight. ) - Darn funny. The Far Side who?


Right. Time to turn off the lights and ATTEMPT to sleep. All that sashimi and sake is keeping me wide awake. Isn't alcohol and a full stomach supposed to do the exact opposite?

No comments: