Saturday, December 23, 2006

Season's Greetings!

I can't upload e-cards here, so click on this to sample a whole chunk of them and get your festive spirits up. :)

It's hard to believe that the year is ending yet again. Not as eventful as 2005 ( nothing can ever beat the whammy combo of Michael Buble, Peter Cincotti and Patrizio Buanne! ), but there were definite moments in 2006 ( Jamie Cullum, Westlife, 2 great holidays, a fistful of - ahem - interesting men, heh heh! ).

I'm always grateful for my parents who, apart from making so many sacrifices these past 3 decades, continue to earn my admiration and respect -- most recently for gamely navigating the Tokyo subways with me and actually loving it! They've sped down the Dart River in Queenstown, trudged through glacier territory, traced the paths of the LOTR cast and crew, walked miles and miles through numerous other countries yet kept pace with me with ease. Plus, no-one has ever successfully guessed their ages -- a huge compliment, IMHO.

Then there're my relatives and friends, some of whom have shared my deepest secrets and helped me through a few of the darkest moments of my life. What would I ever do without you all?

And of course, let's not forget the wonderful people at a certain ER, who work their butts off everyday but always find a moment or two ( usually when we congregate in the pantry ) to share jokes and bond through grouching. Ranks disappear and the chaos outside is forgotten, as we spend a few precious minutes relaxing and remembering that hey, we're bloody human too.

Last but not least, a special hug for my cat, who turned 9 just a few months ago. He remains my best pal, with an eerie knack for knowing when I need him most. We've been through so much together and he's never disappointed me once.

Find me a guy like that and I swear I'll marry him.

Haha.

Have a blessed X'mas, and as always, my sincere thanks for reading.

No comments: