Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back From Vacation

And what a vacation it was! :)

I'm exhausted, sunburnt, with a warped digestive system, but have zero regret about visiting the Land of the Pharoahs.

Here're a few photos taken at Giza ( click to enlarge ), obviously the highlight of the tour. Many more spectacular shots will follow at a later date.


Closing impressions of this magnificent country:


1) It is a MUST for any female traveller -- the men are so gorgeous, it's mind-boggling! ( Not every single one of them, but definitely a significant - and large - proportion. ) Local men pale severely in comparison ( sorry, it's true ).


2) The people are wonderful. Maybe it's because I'm clearly a foreigner -- they keep greeting me in Japanese, heh! -- but the children are especially endearing. Nothing like the brats we have here.


3) The historical sites are to die for. This sort of thing appeals to me, so if it bores you, don't even think about going there. I visited the Egyptian Museum twice. An awesome place!


4) Met many great people on the same tour - there were 55 of us in 2 huge coaches, hailing from America, Australia, Canada, Ireland and Puerto Rico. There was a judge, a hotelier, a NASA
engineer, a retired math professor, people who
work for Chevron, Energizer and other prominent companies.

Grew very close to a Singaporean couple who currently reside in Melbourne. They have an only daughter who sounds like my twin sister, who's currently based in the U.S. We had a lot of fun together. :D

I also met an Irish lady whose sister attended school with Bono from U2 -- she has nothing good to say about the guy, btw. That was hilarious!

5) My mom and I rode camels at Giza, but I can't post pictures for the sake of privacy. Friends who'd like to see them can email me. They're beautiful. :)

That's it for now. I've got a busy week ahead 'cos of the F1 race, so the next entry may be posted only after that.

Stay tuned...

No comments: