Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Only 1 More Day To Go

I just love YouTube. :)

Twilight opens here Thursday. Am all ready to catch the first morning show, free of charge thanks to my stash of movie vouchers.

It's easy to understand all the hype surrounding the film. Here's part 2 of the Tyra Banks interview, featuring Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner ( the latter plays werewolf Jacob ). I'm no teenager, but found myself laughing nonetheless!

The one Pattinson did with Jay Leno is also great. He's full of good humour here, almost giggly at times, and fellow guest Heidi Klum proved to be quite a sidekick with her witty jokes. I just don't understand what's up with that hair of his. The person who styled it just before he got on-stage must be cursing, haha.

New scenes have been added as well, most importantly the pivotal one where Edward saves Bella from being crushed by a schoolmate's van. Makes much more sense than the author's lengthy discourse in the book.

D.I.Y. New Moon trailers are flooding the Net -- obviously not actual footage from the sequel, which HASN'T EVEN BEGUN FILMING YET, HELLO. But you have to give the fans credit for their creativity, as long as you can get over the cheesy prose ( grammatical errors a bonus ) and shots from The Covenant.
There's even one for Book 3, Eclipse, which is surprisingly good.

Rolling Stone's Peter Travers has been raving about the movie, so I'm confident I'll enjoy it ( he liked Wanted too ). Like I've mentioned before, Stephenie Meyer's weak writing practically guarantees the film adaptation will be superior since it omits most of Bella's mushy love-sick obsessions.

Am in the process of finishing Eclipse before moving on to Breaking Dawn, while juggling countless other commitments. Will be glad when I'm done with the series so I can get some sleep, heh.

A review will follow soon.

No comments: