Monday, April 12, 2010

Bliss Part 11

Yes, the saga continues. :)

I have hit the mother lode, people.

Started subscribing to Megavideo with the main purpose of watching American TV shows online, but turns out there're tonnes of movies available as well!

Just type the title of the film you're looking for and add "megavideo" at the end. The only catch is, you need to be a paid subscriber in order to obtain uninterrupted and unlimited access, otherwise the feed will automatically stop after 72 minutes of viewing.

Have already sampled a few blockbusters, and am very happy with the excellent image and sound quality.

Also found A Walk On The Moon, which stars Viggo Mortensen, Diane Lane and Liev Schreiber.
Almost bought this from Amazon, but guess I can just download it instead heh!
Didn't realize this was directed by Tony Goldwyn, who also helmed my favourite romantic comedy of all time, Someone Like You ( Hugh Jackman, Ashley Judd and Greg Kinnear ). Goldwyn played the evil friend in Ghost, voiced Tarzan in the Disney cartoon, and was one half of a duo of serial killers in Kiss The Girls.
Yes, my head's filled with useless trivia I can't get rid of. It's a sickness, I can't help it. :)

Another fave rom-com: Keeping The Faith, directed by Edward Norton.
I'm not a fan of mushy stuff, so when shows like these make such huge impressions, they've got to be pretty special.

You know me, I'm more of a blood-and-guts type of person.


Something else I'm VERY happy about: finding So You Think You Can Dance Season 5 online! You don't need Megavideo for this link, and I urge anyone who hasn't seen the series before to please do so.

Best of all, everything's on-demand, with no annoying TV ad interruptions.

Thinking of buying that portable hard drive now that I'm contemplating extra storage, hmm.


Recently attempted to read Tom Holland's The Vampyre, a blend of fact and fiction that fills in the blanks about Lord Byron's secret past.
Can't imagine why it garnered all those rave reviews. I was bored out of my mind before the first 100 pages.
The problem? Byron narrating the ENTIRE story in the form of a dialogue. So he's actually having a conversation with someone, and the whole novel is filled with inverted commas.
But who the hell talks like this? Must've taken Byron at least a few days to get through the whole thing. Who's got the patience for that?!
Totally ridiculous.

Anyway, I need to take a break from the public library for a while. Too many assignments to complete, and really need to clear my People and Time magazines at home.

Farewell to The Bridge Project - I hope you enjoyed your time in Singapore!

No comments: